Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lori Nawyn

Moment in Time
When my children were babies I was very young, life itself seemed to caress eternity. Tomorrows were more than a breath away and each day blossomed with promise too often taken for granted. I never imagined how quickly little hands could grow, first playing pat-a-cake, then painting first-grade masterpieces, molding clay for high school sculptures, then, all too, soon waving goodbye to depart for lives of their own.

When my granddaughter, Abbie, was born I eagerly signed on for an opportunity to care for her. Knowing well how time transformed children , I wanted to freeze one moment of her babyness to hold in my heart forever.




Lori Nawyn is an author/artist who blogs about life at www.heartsandhands.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment